Crazy Week 6
October 16th 2012 18:24
The NFL season has already seen some crazy moments, and Week 6 didn't change from that at all. Many different things will be talked about all week so I'm just going to jump right into my top stories.
1) Ray Lewis Injured- This was easily the biggest story of the weekend. The 17 year vet went down against Dallas on Sunday with a torn tricep that will keep him out for the year. This could easily mean the end of one of the greatest careers in the history of the NFL. Hopefully he will fight and come back next year to end on his own terms. Also injured during the game was top corner Lardarius Webb, out for the year, and Haloti Ngata. This is a defense that has been struggling to live up to their own standards, now what?
2) Texans Fall- They not only received their first loss, leaving Atlanta as the only unbeaten, but they got it handed to them. Aaron Rodgers threw for over 300 yards and 6 touchdowns. You could tell Houston was missing Brian Cushing. Being at home made it even worse, along with 3 dumb penalties that extended Green Bay drives. Rodgers missed some receivers early but you can't just give him another chance. No one should have worried about the Packers but should Texan fans be concerned?
3) Robert Griffin III Excels After Concussion- Whether or not he should play was a big debate all of last week, but RG3 played and showed why it was a good decision. He had 138 yards rushing for 2 scores including a 76 yarder where he showed his world class speed. His QBR was just under 100. While Andrew Luck struggled mightily RG3 continues to impress.
4) Giants Dominate 49ers- Another top team with a top defense got blown out at home. This might have been a more impressive showing for the Giants than the Packers win over Houston. No one runs on San Francisco, but that is exactly what Bradshaw and the Giants did. Beating them at their own game New York ran for 139 and picked Smith off 3 times. There was no running game for the 49ers and the end result was them feeling like the Jets and Bills did against them weeks before.
5) Seattle Makes a Comeback- The leagues top offense in New England went up to visit the top defense in hostile Seattle. Down 20-10 entering the 4th quarter the Seahawks looked done, but then Russell Wilson started completing some bombs down the field. While doing this the Patriots went away from their run game that had been dominant all year. Sidney Rice caught a 46 yard pass with under 2 minutes to complete the comeback. Tom Brady looked good but made 2 costly mistakes in the redzone that led to no points on the board. New England is now 3-3 and Seattle has beaten Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Tony Romo, and Aaron Rodgers*.
6) Thought I needed to add an extra to congratulate the Browns on their first win. Now their are no winless teams, and with the Broncons making an impressive comeback Monday night in San Diego there are only 2 teams in the whole AFC with a winning record. That's crazy.
subscribe to this blog