Week 3 Wrap Up
September 25th 2012 17:45
The NFL is still awesome and has given us yet another outstanding and crazy week. There were some key injuries, upsets, and that ridiculous hour where 3 games went into overtime and finished while others came down to the wire in regulation. Andrew Luck had seemed to do it again, but Gabbert ripped it away at the last moment. While that was going on the Lions blew it in overtime with miscommunication leading to a failed qb sneak on 4th and 1.
Those were great, especially the SportsCenter host going through that hour in about 2 minutes (back and forth between games), but there are other things that I came away with from Week 3.
1) Replacement officials AGAIN: I really didn't want to comment on them again since everyone else already is. I wasn't going to but then Sunday night happend, followed by an even worse Monday night. The Ravens and Pats were going at each other in a physical game where refs didn't know what they were and weren't calling. Then came the final play of the game; as it happend I thought the field goal was no good. After seeing the replay many times I have no clue if he made it or not. More calls and non calls were made last night in Seattle. It seams the officials don't know how to call pass interference or late hits. Once again it came down to the final play. Should have been called an interception to win it for Green Bay but was ruled a touchdown for Seattle. It was reviewed and confirmed by the replay official. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!! Problem is we will still watch so the NFL still has the leverage.
2) Saints 0-3: At home against what has looked like the worse team in the NFL in the Kansas City Chiefs, Saints win right? Even though they have looked horrible no one really believed they could fall to 0-3. They blew an 18 point lead and gave up almost 300 yards rushing. PATHETIC
3) Darrelle Revis out for the year: He tore his acl in a non contact play against the Miami Dolphins, who they beat in overtime because of missed kicks by Miami. Revis has only missed 3 games with the Jets, and when he is not in there the defense goes way down; 0 interceptions and pass completion goes up to around 75% from 50 something. Crapy qb and now crappier defense equals no playoffs.
4) 49ers fall to Vikings: Upset of the year, unless Minnesota ends up being a playoff team. The way they tore up that number 1 defense and won easily, look out Green Bay. I guess they saying that any team can beat any other team is true. Still can't believe it.
5) The 3 3-0 teams: Texans, Falcons, and Cardinals are now the only undefeated teams left. Texans aren't a big surprise because A:they are really good and B: Haven't played anyone really. Peyton did try and bring the Broncons back against them but fell short again. The Falcons have also looked really impressive especially their defense. After playing on Monday they flew out to 2-0 San Diego and held them to 3 points while turning them over 4 times. The Cardinals are easily the biggest surprise in the NFL. Just like the other 2 unbeatens Arizona has done it with defense, holding Tom Brady to under 20 points and dominating the Eagles. Which team is the best? Falcons have the best offense of the 3 but not sure how good the defense really is. It really is a toss up.
subscribe to this blog